Sunday, August 17, 2008

Tell Dominion what you think

Be nice now. . . .

I have to keep saying that whenever I think about mentioning Dominion East Ohio. Since I manage several Cleveland rental properties, I deal All Too Often with Dominion, and those contacts frequently end with gnashing of teeth. Does the company EVER get billing addresses or service requests straight?

Shutting off the gas at our Lorain Road campaign office turned into such an ordeal that I actually used the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio as a negotiating agent. I had spent several days sitting in a cold, dark office waiting for service personnel who never knocked on the office door, just looked at the unmarked back doors and left, even though I had propped our door open. OK, my blood pressure is zooming at the very memory, so moving on . . . .

Here's your chance to get even. . . . I mean, to make your opinions known. The PUCO is having a public hearing at 6 p.m. Monday in Garfield Heights Council Chambers, 5407 Turney Rd., on the company's proposed natural gas delivery rate increase.

The flat-rate charge of $5.70 per month would be increased to $17.50 per month for each customer, but the charge for the gas used would drop a bit. That would penalize the low-users and favor high-use customers.

My husband and I had installed a geothermal furnace/air conditioner in one Cleveland residence. We've been paying about $10 a month to operate the two remaining gas fixtures; the delivery charge is generally close to or greater than the cost of the gas. Whether or not this increase passes, we plan to replace those fixtures and shut off the gas.

Not everyone can do that. Please consider speaking up.


No comments: